- 1 – 14 oz bag of Baker’s Angel Flake sweetened coconut (5 1/3 cups)
- 1 – 14 oz can Borden’s Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- raw almonds to place on the top before baking cookies (opt)
- Chocolate: Baker’s semi-sweet baking chocolate,
- *You can also melt a large symphony bar instead, if you like milk chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with silpats. If you don’t have silpats, use parchment paper.
- Grab a large bowl.
- Dump the ingredients in the bowl.
- Stir with a spoon until mixed well.
- Grab a reg. size cookie scoop or use a 2 spoons to make uniform balls.
- Drop scoops onto cookie sheets.
- Place a raw almond on the top and gently push it in slightly.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are very golden and the top is also golden.
- Remove immediately and place on wax paper to cool.
- Read notes below.
- Chocolate dipped or drizzled:
- Melt 1 pkg. (8 squares) Baker’s semi-sweet baking chocolate as directed on package. Dip cookies half way into chocolate; let excess drip off. Let stand at room temperature or refrigerate on wax paper lined tray until chocolate is firm. You can also just drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the macaroons instead.
*Using a silpat assures a perfect cookie. They don’t spread, and are very simple to remove to wax paper.
If using parchment paper, don’t worry if the cookies spread slightly. It’s ok! After you remove them from the oven, you can quickly push the edges in slightly with a knife then remove to wax paper.
When removing the cookies, place them on their tops until cool. This way, they don’t stick at all. Once the cookies are cool, you can turn them over.