The other day, I was standing in line at the grocery store, patiently waiting my turn. Rows & rows of magazines are perfectly put under our noses to tempt us. I’m often pulled in by those, with covers showing beautiful berry desserts, or warm cinnamon rolls dripping with icing. I spied a certain magazine, and it spied right back. The magazine was Delicious Family Favorites, which boasted 151 Best-Ever recipes.
What happened to catch my eye though, was found at the very top of the cover page.
It said: WORLD’S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE INSIDE.
I grabbed the magazine and quickly paged through to eye the recipe. All the while, my mind was thinking . . . “That’s a very bold statement.”
I couldn’t find it, before it was my turn to pay for groceries. I didn’t have a choice, I simply had to buy that magazine!
You might notice, that lately I really don’t have many recipes containing chocolate chips. You also probably remember, that my sweet husband is a Chocolate Chip Cookie hater. My Dad was also a Chocolate Chip Cookie hater. I swear, I’m cursed. I love Chocolate Chip Cookies, and so I decided I was going to make the World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, even if it killed me.
The treadmill and my running shoes have been used greatly since making them.
Make sure that you chill your dough for 2 hours to 3 days before baking the cookies. This will ensure a thick pretty cookie, instead of a flat, sad looking cookie. I made the cookie dough early in the morning, and baked the cookies in the late afternoon hour.
The recipe calls for both mini semi-sweet and semi-sweet chunks. I used both chips, but I also added walnuts. A mixture of semi & milk chips would be excellent as well. I thought if I loaded these cookies with nuts . . . my husband would eat them. NOT! That’s o.k. These cookies are super-duper-crazy good. I’m not however going to label them World’s best, since I haven’t tasted chocolate chip cookies all over the world!
You will have to judge for yourself. Make them soon, because they are pretty. They are not flat. They are Crispy around the edges and gooey & chewy in the middle. I only made one pan full, and froze the rest of the dough for later. I intend to enjoy every bite of every chocolate chip cookie. After all, I only make them once every 10 years.
FYI: The next day, they were still soft & chewy. Good . . . really good!
World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe found in: Delicious Family Favorite Magazine.
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (11.5-ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- In a large bowl, beat melted butter and sugars at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Beat in chocolate chunks and morsels. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a 1/4 cup spring-loaded scoop, drop dough, 2 inches apart, on prepared pans. Bake for 12 minutes or just until edges of cookies are browned and tops are starting to brown.
- Let cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store cookies in airtight containers up to 3 days, or freeze in resealable plastic bags up to 1 month.