It’s February. Winter slacked off, it really hasn’t done a good job. It’s failing miserably.
Today it’s nearing sixty degrees! Don’t get me wrong, I like spring and summer, but I feel a tad ripped off.
I need winter, to get ready for summer. Maybe it’s a cruel joke. Once the trees start to bud, winter might surprise us again.
I still want to wear warm sweaters and boots and coats. I still want to make soup and hot bread and cuddle up by the fire. Winter . . . we need more snow!
If you’re like me and love your slow cooker, you’ll love this BBQ. I’m bound and determined to try every recipe in this Little Black Recipe Book. I’ve dog-eared almost every one.
This Southern Slow Cooker BBQ is so simple and quite spectacular. The chicken is tender and the sauce is tangy sweet with a slight kick. It’s another delicious winner.
Make this BBQ over the weekend & enjoy this sweet weather while it lasts. It’s February!
Come back soon, I also made some pretty little Valentine Cookies. We can’t stay out of them, and I’ll be making them again & again.
Southern BBQ Slow-Cooked Chicken
From Sadie’s Little Black Recipe Book
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1 (36-ounce) bottle ketchup
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or 2 to 3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken and coat well with sauce.
- Cook on high 3 to 4 hours, or low 6 to 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Use two forks to shred chicken and serve over cooked rice or on rolls for sandwiches.
by Get Off Your Butt and BAKE
This BBQ looks perfect for dinner tonight! I agree we need more snow! Winter has definitely let me down too!