Not long ago, we went to a glorious birthday party. This perfectly planned and beautifully carried out party, was for our sweet little grand daughter Camryn. One year old, and the star of the party! I’m not sure she was impressed with the decorations and the fabulous array of food, but everyone else sure was.
My daughter Danielle, served this yummy Chicken Chili in several slow cookers. It’s funny, but when the party was over . . . I don’t remember seeing any leftovers.
She was kind enough to send me the recipe, so that I could make it again and share it with all of you. It’s a snap to throw into your slow cooker, set the timer and GO!
I doubled the recipe, even though I’m cooking for two . . . most days. I happen to like leftovers! It just means that the next nights dinner is super simple. This Chicken Chili was just as good or better on day 2.
My sweet husband knows that I’m always trying new recipes and tweaking this and that. Sometimes . . . my creations can be a bit different for his tastes. Instead of telling him what he’s eating . . . I write it down for him. It’s much safer that way. It’s become a joke between us now!
Once, I made an Italian dish that I thought was quite splendid. I wrote it down on the board and put the meal nicely before him. When he was done eating, he wrote on the board: “Please, don’t make again!”
He ate 2 bowls of this Creamy Chicken Chili, and didn’t complain. He very rarely does.
Soup. Soup seems to make us all warm, cozy and a bit happier.
Everyday . . . I count my blessings. Everyday . . . I pray for those of you who need blessings to blow your way.
. . . I’m blowing now.
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Chili
Delicious white bean chili with a bit of kick! Double this recipe, to feed a family of 5 or 6 people.
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 14 oz cans of chicken broth
- 3–4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves or 1 TBS Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry pepper flakes (opt)
- 1 can Great northern white beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can sweet white corn (drained) or 1 to 1 1/2 cups of thawed frozen corn
- 4 oz cream cheese cut into small chunks
- 1 cup grated gruyere or mozzarella cheese (opt)
- 3 TBS lime juice
- 1 TBS cilantro (opt)
- Serving suggestions: cheese, tortilla chips & guacamole
- Add chicken and broth to crockpot. Combine dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl and then sprinkle over the chicken. Allow chicken to cook for 4-6 hours on low, or until chicken is done and fork tender.
- When chicken is cooked and tender, shred with fork.
- Then add:
- prepared Great northern white beans
- sweet white corn
- cream cheese cut into small chunks
- grated gruyere or mozzarella cheese (this is optional but delicious)
- TBS lime juice
- TBS cilantro (optional)
- Cook add’t 30 mins or until cheese is melted.
- *Follow notes below for a thicker Chili
- Top with additional grated Cheese & bacon pieces. Serve with tortilla chips and guacamole.
This recipe is delicious as is, but if you prefer a slightly thicker chili follow the directions below:
Whisk or shake 3 Tablespoons flour into 1/3 cup whipping cream or milk. Make sure that there are not any lumps in mixture. (I put this into a pint jar with a lid, and shake, shake, shake!
Slowly, stir this mixture into the soup and continue cooking for the last 30 minutes.