Slow Cooker – CHICKEN TACO SOUP
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings 1x
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney or chili beans, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15-.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- *I use half of the pkg.
- 3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Optional: Sour cream, Shredded Cheddar cheese, Tortilla chips
- In slow cooker, combine onion, beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning.
- Top with boneless, skinless un-cooked chicken breasts, pressing down to allow other ingredients to cover the chicken.
- Cook 5 hours on low heat setting; remove chicken from soup and shred.
- Stir shredded chicken back in the soup. Cook 2 hours more.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips.