I sure hope you all had a perfect Mothers Day.
You are going to be excited that you stopped by today!
Really . . . you are.
You get the recipe for this amazing Tart and also a great surprise.
I have a great GIVEAWAY for you!
This giveaway is now closed.
The wonderful boutique – Shabby Apple – is giving you a chance to wear a new Summer dress – FOR FREE!!
Dresses are like cupcakes, you simply can’t have too many of them.
If you’re not familiar with Shabby Apple . . . you’re missing out! Shabby Apple is an online boutique selling stylish & unique Women’s dresses, skirts, blouses, maternity, little girls dresses and gorgeous accessories. What makes Shabby Apple so unique is that their pieces represent a return to the original concept of a dress: a one-piece outfit that can be worn comfortably in any situation without the need for cardigans on top or camisoles underneath to make them “more appropriate. ” They also have a huge variety to choose from, as well as a size for every figure. You can even enter in your own body type. For example: You might be a pear, willowy, muscular, well-rounded, etc . . . and they will tell you which dresses are the best fit for your bod!
If you are chosen the lucky winner . . . You get to choose (one) favorite dress, from the selection below.
You can click on the pictures or the name of the dress and go take a bigger peek!
A cascade of raw-edged petal details adorns the neck of this Kelly-green frock. With cap sleeves and an exposed back zipper, this dress is as alive as the grove after which it is called. Or . . .
With a half-sleeve and a stylish tie at the collar’s v-neck, the top of this dress has a classic, nostalgic feel. Cut off with a high waist, the dress then drops to a sleek, slimming pencil skirt, creating the perfect feminine shape. Creamy white is contrasted by black cotton poplin. The look here is simple, clean and elegant. A classic style that will outlive all the trends. Or . . .
A true gem of a multi-tasker, the Azure Coast dress, with it’s playful puff sleeves and no-nonsense shirt collar, is perfect for the office or a weekend getaway at the shore. This ocean-colored beauty sports faux-wrap styling—the skirt closes all the way—giving you the look of your favorite wrap dress without the anxiety of worrying whether or not you’re unintentionally showing too much leg.
See something you like? Here’s how you can make it yours:
“Like” Shabby Apple on Facebook, and also leave a comment here on my blog letting me know that you did just that, and also which dress you would like, if you’re the big winner.
For a few more entries, do any or all of the following, and leave a comment about each one.
– Tweet about this giveaway, mentioning Shabby Apple and Get Off Your Butt and BAKE! and link to this post (hint: use the share buttons below to quickly grab a shortened url and access to your twitter account)
– Tell your Facebook friends about this giveaway, with a link to this post (hint: the share buttons below make this a cinch!)
The contest will close on Saturday, May 14th at midnight (MST) and I’ll choose a random generator based winner. The winner will be announced on my next post.
But wait . . . even if you aren’t the winner, there is still Good news!
Any of my readers can use this coupon code getoffbuttandbake10off at checkout to receive 10% off your purchase!
Last but not least . . . Please VOTE for me at BABBLE . . . Everyday if you can, and make this TART!
That will give you another entry for the giveaway. Let me know in your comment that you voted on Babble.
All you have to do is click the babble badge below, find Get Off Your Butt and BAKE (#8) and “like me” everyday.
Lemon Cream Strawberry Tart
Lemony Mousse tart with flaky pastry & sweet strawberries!
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1/2 recipe Tender Pie Dough
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin Powder
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 cup Lemon Curd
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1 1/2 pints fresh strawberries or other berries
- Apricot Glaze
Tender Pie Dough(recipe from cookbook)
- 14 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, cool room temperature, cut into tablespoons
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves + 2 tablespoons water
- 4 large lemons
- 10 large egg yolks
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Position a rack in the bottom third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 1/8 ” thick circle. Line a 9 inch tart pan with a removable bottom with the dough. Pierce the bottom of the dough in a uniform pattern with a fork. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Line the dough with a 13 to 14 inch round of parchment paper and fill with pastry weights or dried beans. Place the pan on a sheet pan. Bake for 15 min. Remove from the oven and remove the parchment and the weights. Continue baking until the pastry is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water in a ramekin. Let stand until the gelatin absorbs the water, about 5 minutes. Bring 1/2 inch of water to a simmer in a small saucepan. Place the ramekin in the water and stir constantly with a small silicone spatula until the gelatin is completely dissolved, at least 1 minutes. Remove the ramekin from the water.
- Place the lemon curd in a large bowl. Stir 1 tablespoon of the cream into the gelatin. Whip the remaining cream in a chilled medium bowl with a handheld electric mixer at high speed until the cream is well thickened but hasn’t formed peaks. With the mixer running, pour the gelatin mixture near the beaters so it is quickly and evenly distributed into the cream. Continue beating until the cream forms soft peaks. Stir one quarter of the whipped cream into the lemon curd to lighten it, then fold in the remaining cream.
- Spread the lemon filling in the cooled pastry shell. Cover with plastic wrap, with the wrap not touching the pastry edges. (It will soften the crust) Refrigerate until chilled and set, at least 1 hour.
- Remove the plastic wrap. Arrange the strawberries, cut sides down, in concentric circles on the filling. Brush with the warm glaze. Remove the sides of the pan and serve at once.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TENDER PIE DOUGH
- Beat the butter in the bowl of a heavy duty stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment at high speed until the butter is smooth, about 2 minutes. With the mixer running, slowly dribble in the milk, occasionally stopping the mixer and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. The butter mixture should be fluffy, smooth, and shiny, like a buttercream frosting.
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt together in a small bowl. With the mixer speed on LOW, gradually add the flour mixture and incorporate just until the dough forms a mass on the paddle and the sides of the bowl are clean. Turn over the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead very gently until it is smooth. Divide the dough in half. Shape each portion into a disk, about 1 inch thick. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until chilled but not hard, 30 minutes or so. The dough can be refrigerated up to 1 day but it will be very hard, and should stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before rolling out. The dough can also be frozen, double wrapped in plastic, for up to 2 weeks. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GLAZE:
- Combine the preserves and water in a heavy-bottomed small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 minute. Strain through a sieve set over a small bowl and discard the solids. Let cool slightly, but use while warm.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LEMON CURD:
- Rinse the lemons under cold water and dry well. Using the small holes on a box grater or a microplane zester, remove the yellow colored zest from the lemons, being sure not to remove the bitter white pith. Cut and squeeze the lemons and strain the juice. You should have about 2/3 cup juice.
- Place a heatproof medium bowl with a med. mesh wire sieve near the stove. In a large heatproof bowl, whisk the yolks, sugar, lemon juice, and zest to combine. Place over a saucepan of simmering water. Using a silicone spatula, cook the curd, scraping down the sides of the bowl often, until it is opaque and thick enough to cling to the spatula, about 10 minutes. (A finger run through the curd on the spatula will cut a swath, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the curd will read 185 degrees)
- Strain the mixture through the wire sieve into a med. bowl. (Use the spatula and stir the mixture to help it flow through the sieve and gently push the curd through the strainer. Gradually whisk in the butter, allowing each addition to incorporate before adding more. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the curd, and pierce a few holes to allow the steam to escape. Cool completely, transfer to a covered container, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
You can also substitute Pastry Cream for the Lemon Curd.
- Serving Size: 6 to 8 servings
by Get Off Your Butt and BAKE
I like Shabby Apple on Facebook and I would love the Azure Coast dress.
Love their stuff…and I liked them on Facebook!! I love that blue wrap around dress – that looks like it would be good for a newly post-baby body!!
I liked Shabby Apple of Facebook. I would loooove to have a new dress for spring! The Azure Coast is definitely one of my favorites I’ve seen. But I’m willing to take any of their dresses, they’re all equally adorable.
I like that Azure dress the best. It’s pretty. I like Shabby Apple on Facebook too.
I don’t facebook and I don’t twitter, but I love Shappy Apple and this blog. Would love to win the Azure Coast. Can I still enter?
I liked Shabby Apple on Face book!! I love the FRIDA K.
I LOVE Shabby Apple! I’ve been wanting one of their dresses forever, they are all so cute!
I liked them on facebook!
I’d LOVE the Azure Coast dress. I liked Shabby Apple on Facebook 😀
I love the mariposa! I hope I win their dresses are beautiful. I also liked Shabby Apple on Facebook.
I liked them on Facebook. I was just wondering where I could find some dresses and skirts. I love Frida K, but I’m also going back to their site to look at the rest of them. Good luck in the contest!
Shabby Apple needs a Love button on Facebook. I guess the Like button will have to do. I would LOVE the Frida K dress!!
I LOVE your site! Such yummy food and you have a GREAT personality! I voted for you and liked shabby apple on facebook, if I win I would like to get the azure one! Keep up the good work so my family can continue to eat great food made with love!!
I liked Shabby Apple on Facebook and I LOVE the azure dress! Such a fun and cute website!
I liked Shabby Apple on facebook and I love the mariposa dress. It would be great to wear to some summer weddings.
I liked Shabby Apple on Facebook and I love the Azure Coast dress.
I like Shabby Apple on FB and LOOOVVVEEE the Azure Coast dress!
I also shared this amazing post with all of my friends on FB!
I like Shabby Apple of FB. I would choose Frida K…I think…such a hard choice!
I tweeted about it! Thanks for the chance to win!
I already like them on Facebook. And I would choose the Mariposa Grove dress!
Who can have too many dresses/skirts?! NOT this momma! 🙂 Thanks Shabby Apple for this give-away!
I LOVE the green one with the flowers around the neckline! I “like”d shabby apple on facebook!!
I liked Shabby Apple too long ago to have not bought a dress from them yet! I’m dying to get my hands on the Frida K!
Oh my I love these dresses. this website might become a problem. Ponderosa is so classic and perfect. Marco Polo is beautiful too!
I liked & shared too!
So I don’t do facebook, or twitter, but I did just blog about you, so hopefully that is worthy of a vote! I love all of their dresses, but I would love the Azure Coast. I think it is so cute!
I just have to say that I think #7 or #8 is just amazing. I am so proud of all of your accomplishments. I voted again today, and will try and remember to do it everyday!
I want to make that tart. It looks amazing. The lemon and strawberries make my mouth water! MMMMMMM Looks delicious. Love Ya!
Jonna, I LOVE your blog! Thank you so very much for sharing your talent. I have made so many different things from your blog. Last time I made the Enchilada’s Supreme and Creme Brulee! A-MAZ-ING! I do have a question though. How do I get some of the older recipes off your blog? They say web page not available.
I liked it on Facebook, and I want the Azure Coast dress. 🙂
i like shabby apple on facebook- and my favorite dress out of those is the azure coast! lovely!
I like shabby apple on facebook. Have for awhile!
I shared this on facebook with all my friends.
Love those dresses. I’m a fan on Facebook and I LOVE the azure coast wrap dress. Very pretty!
I liked Shabby Apple on facebook and my favorite dress is the Azure Coast dress. It is gorgeous may have to start giving away some of the dessert recipe treats instead of eating them to wear that dress but it would worth it.
I love shabby apple!! And I liked it on facebook and I love the Mariposa Grove dress!
I love love love the Azure Coast. I am always in need of a new dress. Oh I like Shabby Apple on facebook! P.S. I love all of your yummy food. My mouth waters just reading your post!
I liked you on Facebook and for sure the AZURE COAST dress!
I love love love the azure coast! I am always in need of a new cute dress! Oh I liked Shabby Apple of face book! P.S. I love all of your post, my mouth waters just reading them!!
I liked them on Facebook, and the 3rd dress is gorgeous
I tweeted the giveaway!
I posted to FB about this…sure love the Azure Coast dress 🙂 Thanks!!
I love Shabby Apple! And I am a fan on facebook!
I liked Shabby Apple on Facebook and would love the Freida K!!!
I Shared this link on Facebook and I would love the freida K
I liked shabby apple on facebook. I think the Mariposa Grove dress is my fav. I also love your website. Keep up on the great recipes.
I liked Shabby Apple on Facebook and I’d love to win the Azure Coast dress!
I liked Shabby Apple on Facebook. I love SO many of their dresses, but my favorite of the 3 is the Mariposa Grove. I’d LOVE to win and I love so many of your recipes!
I liked Shabby Apple on Facebook, and I would love the Frieda K or the Azure Coast! I am so glad you have informed us all on this cute botique, they have great stuff. I vote for you everyday on Babble too!
Love Shabby Apple – already liked them on FB, just voted for you on Babble and would love to walk away a winner with a new Sunday/anyday dress – I think I would pick the Azure coast! Love the blog, keep the recipes coming!!
I already like Shabby Apple on FB (Lui Bright)!
I “liked” them on facebook. Love love love the mariposa grove dress!!! Cant wait to try the dessert too. Love your blog 🙂
Wow. This blog is new to me. I just followed a friend’s facebook link and I LOVE this! The tart looks like one I grew up on. Yummmm! And, I already love Shabby Apple, so yes, I like Shabby Apple on facebook! I like the Frida dress.
I liked Shabby Apple on FB.
I shared this post on FB.
Definitely Frida K. That high waist and big collar bow thing are definitely up my alley.
Just liked Shabby Apple on fb–love the Frida K dress! So cute!
Great Blog! And I love Shabby Apple dresses. I would love to win. If I do I’d like the Frida K dress. I liked them on facebook.
Liked Shabby Apple! I love Frida K! And posting to my Fb page!
I like Shabby Apple on Facebook and I would like the Azure Coast. 🙂
I love love love your site and I have liked Shabby Apple on Facebook and I love the Azure coast dress! Thanks!
I ‘like’ Shabby Apple on FB (Krystal Nelson Bagley), and I would choose the Azure Coast dress. Gorgeous!
Oooh…I love that Azure dress!! (I “liked” Shabby Apple on facebook!)
I shared this post on FB
I tweeted this! (@Aunt_LoLo)
I shared this on facebook!
Definitely liking this on facebook and hoping for a new dress! Love them-glad to know about them!
I love love love the azure coast dress. I would love to wear that!
I liked shabby apple on FB. I like the Azure Dress, what a great color.
I “liked” you on babble too!
I “like” Shabby Apple on FB!
oops, I realized my last post my email was misspelled, it is correct here…again, I like shabby Apple on FB!
i like shabby apple on fb and would get the mariposa grove dress
I liked Shabby Apple on FB and adore their Penelope and Odysseus dress.
I voted for you – GOOD LUCK!
I like shabby apple on facebook. I love their dresses!
I LOVE shabby apple dresses. I like them on facebook.
I love the MARIPOSA GROVE dress and I’ve liked Shabby Apple on FB! 🙂
I like Shabby Apple on facebook (kait pic–) and I think I would choose the Frida K….it’s beautiful!
voted for you on babble on 5/11 (and you’re #7 🙂 )
I liked Shabby Apple on facebook! and I voted on babble! I would love the Azure coast dress. It’s beautiful and a perfect spring dress 🙂 Love all the dresses though, super cute!!
i voted again!
I “Liked” Shabby Apple on Facebook! LOVE their dresses!
I liked Shabby Apple on facebook and I really like the Azure Coast dress! Thanks for the give away and all the yummy recipes!
LIKED you on Babble
i voted again on babble
Liked Shabby Apple of fb and voted for you!!
Voted for you on Babble, hope you win! I like the azure coast dress, thanks!
Like you on Babble today!
Just liked shabby apple on fb! Hope to win, I love the mariposa grove dress!!
I’ve liked SA on facebook….and I quite like the Azure Coast dress! Here’s hoping…
i voted again!!
I love the Mariposa! I liked SA on FB. *fingers crossed!* 🙂
I love the azure coast one for sure, I bet it would be easy to nurse my baby while wearing it.
I adore Shabby Apple and “Like” them on FB. 🙂 I would choose the Azure Coast dress.
I liked shabby apple on facebook!! And I would love the frida k dress!
I like SA on FB! “Crave to Save”…the azure dress is gorgeous!!
gina.m.maddox (at) gmail (dot) com
gina.m.maddox (at) gmail (dot) com
shared on fb: http://www.facebook.com/countrycrock?ref=ts#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=221139794565039&id=100001464938109
gina.m.maddox (at) gmail (dot) com
I voted today on babble!
gina.m.maddox (at) gmail (dot) com
I like Shabby apple on Facebook (as the name in my email address). I’m torn between the first two – probably I’d pick the Frida K
Thank you so much for offering such a generous giveaway. I like Shabby Apple on Facebook (Cindy) and I would love to own the Frida K dress.