Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Whoppers – No flour!
- 1–1/4 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 1–1/4 cups chunky or smooth peanut butter
- 1–1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4–1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk or semi chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- optional items:
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups raisins
- add M&M’s in place of chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until very light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and beat again.
- Combine oats, baking soda & salt and gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Chill dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Drop by ice cream scoop or tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until just golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.