Yesterday . . . I made Cinnamon & Sugar Monkey Bread.
They are really yummy. Need I say more . . .
I know you want to make these!
To get started, you will need some thawed Rhodes Dinner Rolls.
You can find these in the freezer section of the grocery store.
Cut each ball into 3 pieces.
Now six pieces
Roll the pieces of dough in the melted butter, corn syrup mixture.
*I also add 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract to the melted butter. It’s tastes good.
Make sure that you grease your tins very well!
If you want to, add a few raisins.
I also made some into Orange Rolls
Simply put grated Orange rind into melted butter, roll into Cinnamon and white Sugar.
just like this . . .
I think I let mine rise just a bit too much.
Don’t rise more than double.
I repeat: Don’t let them rise more than double!
You can make the glaze while they rise up beautifully.
Ready for a 350 degree oven. I placed mine in the center of the oven.
My rolls needed to bake about 21 minutes.
One they are done, I placed them on the lower rack for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Make sure that the bottom is done and not doughy!
When the rolls are done, Glaze them. I put my glaze into a squeeze – a- ble bottle. So simple.
Oh just try and resist one of these babies!
Eat one hot from the oven . . . dripping with warm vanilla glaze!
Look at the bottom . . . you know you want to Get Off Your Butt and make these right now.
How fun is this . . . pull them apart. Now you have six ……well five now!
Simple and delicious!
MINI MONKEY BREAD
Oh so delicious!
- 12 Rhodes Dinner rolls thawed, but still cold
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Icing: I doubled this.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut each dinner roll into 6 equal pieces. In a bowl, combine butter and corn syrup and stir until well mixed. In another bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Dip each roll piece in the butter mixture and then in the sugar mixture. Place 6 pieces in each well sprayed cup of a 12 cup muffin tin. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let double in size. (Watch them so they don’t rise too much!) Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes. Combine icing ingredients and mix well. Drizzle over monkey breads if desired.
- Cool at least 5 to 10 minutes before removing from pan, or they fall apart.
MINI MONKEY BREADS
12 Rhodes Dinner rolls thawed, but still cold
1 stick of butter, melted
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Icing: I doubled this.
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1-2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Cool at least 5 to 10 minutes before removing from pan, or they fall apart.
These are really scrumptious . . . make sure that you aren’t home alone. You might just eat them all!