Lately, I’ve been trying to use up products that have been sitting in my freezer, before buying new. This isn’t an easy task, because I don’t seem to be very good at rotating! I had two bags of Rhodes Roll dough, that stare at me every time I open the freezer. What to do? Yesterday, I made homemade Wheat Rolls, that are still lurking in my kitchen, so I didn’t want to make Rhodes rolls. So…….this is what I came up with!
Of course, I chose to make these most delicious, fattening little tempting donut bites out of the dough. These are so yummy and easy to make.
MINI DONUT BITES
1. Simply take a bag of regular or Texas Size Rhodes rolls from your freezer.
2. Place as many as you like on a greased plate or cookie sheet.
3. Cover with saran wrap that has also been sprayed with pam, so the rolls don’t stick.
4. Let thaw and rise ……almost until double.
5. Pull little pieces of dough and roll into small balls – about 1/2″ in diameter.
6. Place several balls at a time in hot oil, and fry until golden brown, then place on paper towels to drain.
*If your balls are small, they will not be doughy inside.
7. Now roll the little donuts in cinnamon and sugar, or prepare a Vanilla glaze.
8. Place the glazed donut bites on waxed paper, and the cinnamon sugar bites on paper towels to set.
9. EAT……Eat more……..and more……..now go RUN!
Simply take about 2 cups of powdered sugar in a small bowl.
Add a teaspoon of Vanilla.
Add enough water to make a glaze consistency.
Stir well until all lumps are gone, and it’s smooth.
While you are here please subscribe