If you want a dense chewy brownie, this is the recipe for you. They are delicious!
1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour and 8″ square baking pan or line your pan with parchment paper for easier cutting after baking.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of about 1 1/2″ of nearly simmering water, whisking until smooth. Or melt in a microwave – watching closely.
3. Remove the bowl from the heat, sugar, eggs and vanilla, whisk until well blended. Whisk in the flour and salt just until well blended. Stir in the walnuts. Transfer the batter to the prepared floured pan.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out sticky, with just a few crumbs clinging to it, but is not wet. Do Not Overbake. The edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan as well. Don’t over bake!
5. Optional: Add mini marshmallows to the top of the brownies, and put back into the oven……just until they begin to melt slightly. Don’t brown.
6. Let Cool for 5 to 10 minutes, and spread or drizzle fudge frosting over the top. I put my brownies in the fridge to cool for about 20 – 30 minutes before cutting them.