CHOCOLATE OR LEMON LUSH
I love this Dessert, because you can change the puddings, and create something different every time. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like this. It will be gobbled up in a jiffy! Pudding variations: Danish Dessert, Huckleberry, Raspberry, Strawberry, Chocolate, Pistachio or Lemon Lush Dessert.
- Crust layer:
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup melted margarine or butter
- 1/2 to 1 C. crushed nuts (almonds or walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts)
- heaping 1/4 C. powdered Sugar or 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Mix together, and press into 9×13″ pan.
- Bake at 350 until golden brown for about 15 minutes.
- Cream Cheese Layer:
- 8 oz. Cream cheese
- 9 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- Whip the Cream Cheese until soft. Now mix in the powdered sugar until blended well. Fold in the Cool Whip until mixture is smooth and well blended. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Pudding Layer:
- Note: If you wish to make two smaller dishes like I did in the above pictures, use one small (3 ounce) pkg of instant pudding and 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- For Chocolate: Use 2- (3 ounce) packages of chocolate instant pudding or one large instant pudding mixed with 3 cups of Cold Milk.
- *I use 1 – 3 ounce package of Chocolate and 1 – 3 ounce package of Vanilla pudding. We don’t like the chocolate too dark, and Milk Chocolate instant pudding seems hard to find.
- For Lemon: Use 2- (3 ounce packages of instant Lemon pudding or one large, mixed with 3 cups of Cold Milk.
- Also a favorite instead of Chocolate or Lemon pudding, use:
- 1 package Danish junket (strawberry or raspberry prepared as package directions for pie glaze or pudding is also very good instead of chocolate or lemon pudding.
- You can also add: 1/4 cup huckleberries, Raspberries or sliced strawberries to the Danish junket after it has cooled. Spread this over the Cream Cheese layer instead of using the pudding above.
- Top Layer:
- Simply spread Cool Whip over the top of the pudding layer.
- *I like to Whip my own Cream, and sweeten it with Confectioners sugar & vanilla.
- You can also sprinkle more chopped nuts over the top and shave a few chocolate slivers for garnish on the chocolate Lush.
- Toasted Coconut is also delicious as well.