Do you need a delicious little dessert in a hurry?
These little Key Lime phyllo cups, are the perfect little bite at the end of any meal. They would also be great when you need to take something to a fancy little party.
If you have an extra twenty minutes or so, you can impress your family or guests with a delicious, key lime tart dessert.
Phyllo, Fillo or Filo makes the perfect flaky, crispy cup for the key lime mousse. I added crushed frozen raspberries to the mousse, but that is of course optional.
Strawberries, huckleberries or even coconut would also be a perfect match with the Key Lime Mousse. It’s a fancy little dessert made in a flash.
This Key lime Mousse would also be fabulous in a cream puff or layered between Angel Food Cake. You could also make a parfait, and layer cookie crumbs and whipped cream in between the layers.
Heck . . . just take a spoon to it.
I betcha can’t eat just one!
A fancy little dessert made in a flash!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Key Lime juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- Fresh raspberries, blueberries, etc.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and juice until very smooth; fold in whipped cream.
- Pipe into tart shells.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.