Makes about 32 cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
(10 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
2 ounces cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup Nutella or your favorite jam, or as much as needed
1. In a food processor, finely grind the hazelnuts with 1/2 cup of the flour.
2. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar
until light in color and smooth, 1 minute with a stand mixer or 2 minutes with a handheld mixer.
Add the egg and mix until combined.
3. On low speed, add the ground hazelnuts, the remaining flour, the salt, and the baking powder
and mix until smooth. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Divide the dough into 4 pieces. On a lightly confectioners sugared work surface, roll the dough into 4 logs, each 8 inches long. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until firm.
5. Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175 ºC). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Slice the dough into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart and bake until golden brown around the edges, about 8 minutes. Let cool to room
7. Sandwich 2 cookies together using about 1 teaspoon of Nutella or jam for each.
PLANNING AHEAD: The cookie dough can be made several days in advance and kept
refrigerated. It can also be frozen. The cookies can be made several days in advance (without the