Grilled 7up Barbecue Chicken
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 oz) can 7up
- 1/2 C reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced or 1 tsp garlic powder or 2 teaspoons Canadian seasoning
- Sweet Baby Rays Bbq sauce + a sprinkle of brown sugar mixed in to taste.
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag and add 7up, soy sauce, oil and seasoning.
- Seal bag and let marinade for 3 hours up to overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard.
- Season lightly with salt & pepper and grill over low heat for about 5-7 minutes on each side. The chicken should be white on the inside and juices run clear.
- Baste with your favorite sauce and grill until sauce has slightly thickened. Flip over and baste again, grill slightly again. Watch closely so the sauce doesn’t burn.
- Eat now, or cover chicken with foil and keep warm in a 170 degree oven until serving time.