Let me introduce you to my favorite, lip-smacking, delicious chicken!
The grill is my favorite friend in the summer . . . and often the winter months as well.
Ohhh just look. You know you want to reach in and take a bite!
7Up is the magic in the marinade. Add a few shots of soy sauce, a sprinkle of Canadian seasoning or garlic powder, and canola oil . . . you have a dish made for a king.
You can marinate the chicken breasts and grill, or take it one step further.
We like Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce. I always add a touch of brown sugar to the sauce, to sweeten it up just a bit.
I’m telling you, this will be your go-to grilled chicken from now until eternity. Dry bland chicken . . . a thing of the past.
I like to leave a few chicken breasts minus the sauce. Freeze the grilled breasts for later, and use the marinated chicken breasts in a stir-fry. That way you have most of the prep work done for your next meal. Tonight I served this with new peas and potatoes from our garden.
Yes, we’ve been hard at work picking, picking, picking. The raspberries have been in full swing, and this takes a lot of time. This summer in the raspberry patch, hasn’t been as crazy as some years. The early warmer than average spring, along with another cold front, did a real number on the amount usually produced. We usually have tons of little purple plums. This summer we don’t have any. I’m really not complaining. Hee Hee!
I know I’ve been slacking for quite a while now, when it comes to this poor blog. My girls have had 2 sweet babies and I’ve been busy being grandma, gama, as well as nama and nana. Each one seems to call me something different. I love each one! Be patient with me while I take care of the home front. I still bake/cook a lot, but somehow don’t find enough extra time in a day to take pictures and post.
Hopefully soon . . . I will be more post prompt. In the meantime . . . grill some chicken. Your neighbors might just show up at your door.
Grilled 7up Barbecue Chicken
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 oz) can 7up
- 1/2 C reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced or 1 tsp garlic powder or 2 teaspoons Canadian seasoning
- Sweet Baby Rays Bbq sauce + a sprinkle of brown sugar mixed in to taste.
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag and add 7up, soy sauce, oil and seasoning.
- Seal bag and let marinade for 3 hours up to overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard.
- Season lightly with salt & pepper and grill over low heat for about 5-7 minutes on each side. The chicken should be white on the inside and juices run clear.
- Baste with your favorite sauce and grill until sauce has slightly thickened. Flip over and baste again, grill slightly again. Watch closely so the sauce doesn’t burn.
- Eat now, or cover chicken with foil and keep warm in a 170 degree oven until serving time.
by Get Off Your Butt and BAKE
What is Canadian Seasoning? ???
Canadian Seasoning is my favorite. I find it at Costco or Sams club mostly.
It’s a combination of garlic, onion,kosher salt,black & red pepper and paprika.
We use this in marinades, on steak, chicken, pork etc.
Each group of my grandchildren call me something different too. I’m Nana to my oldest sons four, Abuela to my 2nd sons three girls, Nay Nay to my daughters four, and Grandma to my youngest sons three boys. Surprisingly my husband in Papa to all 14 grandchildren. Hee Hee!
So funny! My husband is Papa to most, for a few do call him Gramps or Grandpa.
I think we agree that we are happy with everyone!
Thanks for commenting.
Just found you and I sooo glad! Do you happen to have an oven cooked version of this recipe??