Let me introduce you to my favorite, lip-smacking, delicious chicken!
The grill is my favorite friend in the summer . . . and often the winter months as well.
Ohhh just look. You know you want to reach in and take a bite!
7Up is the magic in the marinade. Add a few shots of soy sauce, a sprinkle of Canadian seasoning or garlic powder, and canola oil . . . you have a dish made for a king.
You can marinate the chicken breasts and grill, or take it one step further.
We like Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce. I always add a touch of brown sugar to the sauce, to sweeten it up just a bit.
I’m telling you, this will be your go-to grilled chicken from now until eternity. Dry bland chicken . . . a thing of the past.
I like to leave a few chicken breasts minus the sauce. Freeze the grilled breasts for later, and use the marinated chicken breasts in a stir-fry. That way you have most of the prep work done for your next meal. Tonight I served this with new peas and potatoes from our garden.
Yes, we’ve been hard at work picking, picking, picking. The raspberries have been in full swing, and this takes a lot of time. This summer in the raspberry patch, hasn’t been as crazy as some years. The early warmer than average spring, along with another cold front, did a real number on the amount usually produced. We usually have tons of little purple plums. This summer we don’t have any. I’m really not complaining. Hee Hee!
I know I’ve been slacking for quite a while now, when it comes to this poor blog. My girls have had 2 sweet babies and I’ve been busy being grandma, gama, as well as nama and nana. Each one seems to call me something different. I love each one! Be patient with me while I take care of the home front. I still bake/cook a lot, but somehow don’t find enough extra time in a day to take pictures and post.
Hopefully soon . . . I will be more post prompt. In the meantime . . . grill some chicken. Your neighbors might just show up at your door.
Grilled 7up Barbecue Chicken
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 oz) can 7up
- 1/2 C reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced or 1 tsp garlic powder or 2 teaspoons Canadian seasoning
- Sweet Baby Rays Bbq sauce + a sprinkle of brown sugar mixed in to taste.
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag and add 7up, soy sauce, oil and seasoning.
- Seal bag and let marinade for 3 hours up to overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard.
- Season lightly with salt & pepper and grill over low heat for about 5-7 minutes on each side. The chicken should be white on the inside and juices run clear.
- Baste with your favorite sauce and grill until sauce has slightly thickened. Flip over and baste again, grill slightly again. Watch closely so the sauce doesn’t burn.
- Eat now, or cover chicken with foil and keep warm in a 170 degree oven until serving time.