- 3 – 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- For the Sauce:
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
- heaping 1/2 cup Sweet orange or Peach Marmalade (Smucker’s)
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- sesame seeds and cashews for the top
- Add 1 cup small pieces of Broccoli and 1 small carrot sliced in thin little pieces (opt)
- Brown or white rice prepared as instructions per box
- Prepare the Sauce:
- In a sauce pan, add all sauce ingredients and combine well with a spoon or whisk. Turn the heat to medium and let it come to a low boil. Turn the heat to low/simmer and let simmer (UNCOVERED) for 15 to 20 minutes OR until thickened as desired. Sauce will look like a thick syrup consistency when it’s simmered long enough.
- For the chicken:
- Cut up your chicken breasts into small cubes. Add about 2 tablespoons – vegetable, olive or canola oil to a frying pan and turn your stove on medium/high heat. Season with salt & pepper.
- Once it pops and sizzles, carefully add the chicken to the pan. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or lightly golden and chicken is done on the inside. Drain chicken pieces on a paper towel.
- Add the Chicken to the sauce and toss until coated.
- Add small pieces of broccoli and small slices of carrots is desired. Let simmer just until the vegetables are crisp tender. (If adding larger pieces, steam slightly first before adding)
- Serve over hot rice and top with sesame seeds and cashews. Yum!
You can double the sauce recipe if you like extra sauce on your rice.
Use a very a scant 1/2 cup barbecue sauce.
1/4 cup + 1/8 cup of barbecue sauce.