I love Lasagna, and I’ve posted a couple of different tried & true recipes. I decided to try another last night. This recipe, comes from one of my many cookbooks. (The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner) If you need a new cookbook….this one is worth the money! This recipes uses eggs in the Lasagna! When I make Manicotti….I use eggs, but never before in Lasagna. It’s simple & delicious. I will be making this again. Suggestion: Serve with a crisp green salad and hot French Bread. Enjoy!
YOU WILL NEED:
1 lb. mild bulk Italian sausage or ground beef
*Half & Half was delicious
1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce
1 pound uncooked lasagna noodles
1 (15 -ounce) package Ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons butter (optional)
1. Brown the meat in a large skillet. Drain off the fat. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Remove 16 noodles (I only used 12)…from the package and cook according to package directions. Drain.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
4. Mix the ricotta cheese, Parmesan Cheese, eggs, and pepper in a large bowl. I also added a 1/4 tsp. garlic powder.
5. To assemble the lasagna, spread one quarter of the meat sauce in the prepared baking dish. Arrange four noodles lengthwise over the sauce, overlapping the edges. Spread one fourth of the cheese mixture and sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese over the pasta. Repeat the layers three more times, ending with the mozzarella. Dot with butter around the edges, if desired.
6. Cover with foil and bake 35 to 45 minutes or until hot & bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.