Chunky Almond Granola
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (opt)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups (10 ounces) raw almonds, chopped coarse2 cups (10 ounces) raisins or other dried fruit, chopped
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk maple syrup, sugar, vanilla, and salt together in large bowl. Whisk in oil. Fold in oats and almonds until thoroughly coated.
- Transfer oat mixture to prepared baking sheet and spread across sheet into thin, even layer (about 3/8 inch thick). Using stiff metal spatula, compress oat mixture until very compact.
- Bake until lightly browned, 40 to 45 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through baking. Remove granola from oven and let cool on wire rack to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Break cooled granola into pieces of desired size. Stir in dried fruit. Granola can be stored in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- I also added: raw sunflower seeds, raw pepita seeds, golden flax seed