CHICKEN BROCCOLI SUPREME
- 1 – lb. fresh broccoli Break in pieces, and steam for 2 minutes.
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts – Break up in small pieces
- 3 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese divided
- 2 tubes Ritz Crackers
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup Butter- melted
- 1/4 cups Cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup COLD Water
- 1/3 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 1/2 cups of the above Cheddar Cheese
- In greased 13×9 pan, layer the broccoli and chicken, then set aside.
- In saucepan over medium heat, combine the melted butter, cornstarch dissolved in water, chicken broth, seasonings, and milk. Stir well, and continue stirring until sauce has thickened.
- Turn heat down to low, and add 1- 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
- Pour over the chicken and broccoli.
- Top with 1- 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese.
- Melt the butter, and add the poppy seeds, and stir well.
- Crush Ritz crackers in large zip-lock bag with a rolling pin. Don’t crush too small. Add crumbs to the melted butter. Sprinkle crumbs over the top of the grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.