It’s not a secret that we love popcorn in this house.
We eat a lot of it!
In fact . . . it’s popped almost every night. Well almost.
It’s our go to snack.
These are the 3 favorites. So good and so addictive. We have friends and neighbors asking for bags of this popcorn at Christmas time, instead of gifts.
See that Cheddar popcorn and that Cinnabon Popcorn? The two mixed together = fabulous!
Seriously now. I know it sounds very weird, but trust me on this one. Just try it.
Cheesy Cheddar is by far the most consumed and the most popular in this house. We simply pop popcorn and sprinkle this yummy cheese powder over the top, with a little sea salt. NO BUTTER! This is so good, and much better for you than a big bowl of buttered popcorn. Trust me, we’ve tried many other cheese powders, but the one we buy from Fire House Pantry is the bomb! It sticks to the popcorn and doesn’t just end up at the bottom of your bowl.
Oh this Cinnabon popcorn is so darn simple to make and it’s scrumptious. I think it got it’s knock-off name from the delicious Cinnabon rolls we all know and LOVE. It’s been around the web and back a bazillion times. The caramel sauce is made in the microwave. Once the Caramel is drizzled over the popcorn, it’s baked in the oven for a few minutes.
You now have the option of melting some white chocolate or Almond Bark and drizzling it over the caramel corn.
This is definitely more calorie laden than the cheese popcorn, but I do believe it has fewer calories than the caramel popcorn that’s made with condensed milk.
FYI: I’ve cut the butter down considerably when making the original recipe, and it still turns out perfectly delicious!
If you do have some Almond Bark or White Chocolate just lying around, melt it and drizzle it over some salted popcorn. I betcha you can’t stop eating it!
When you get a snack attack . . . EAT POPCORN!
- 12 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 cup nuts – peanuts, pecans, cashews (opt)
- (about 1/2 cup of kernels)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup light Karo Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 stick or cube of real butter (1 stick is 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Almond Bark, or white chocolate chips, to drizzle over the top of popcorn (opt)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place popcorn and nuts if desired, in a large bowl and set aside. In large microwave safe bowl, measure your brown sugar, and salt. Chop butter into chunks and place on top of sugar mixture. Pour Karo syrup over the top of everything. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir to combine. Return to microwave and heat for 2 minutes more. Remove and store and then return to microwave for 3 minutes more, until hot and bubbly. The butter will combine well with ingredients by now.
- Remove from the microwave and add in vanilla, cinnamon and baking soda. Store to combine. The mixture will foam and rise up. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and nuts and stir very well, until well coated.
- Spread popcorn mixture onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes stirring every 5 minutes. Popcorn will still be slightly chewy. Bake a bit longer for crunchy popcorn.
- Melt chocolate if desired and drizzle over the top of the popcorn. Let cool until chocolate is set.
by Get Off Your Butt and BAKE
We love popcorn!The cheese powder sounds so good so I ordered it through Firehouse like you mentioned and some other items too. And before it arrives I am trying your Cinnabon popcorn. Cant wait to try these. Thanks!
You will be so happy you did! We order the big 5 or 10 pounders!
The Cinnabon popcorn is so yummy too.
It really is one of our family favorites! So dang good. I hope you love it.
That does sound like a strange combination, but they both look so good, so why not?
So strange, but so good!
I found this out when eating the very popular “Chicago Mix” popcorn!
This just makes me yearn for popcorn on the comfort of your couch! 🙂
Hi sweet Bran,
OH I KNOW . . . SOOOO GOOD
We always have room on the couch!
I eat popcorn every nite – my weight was too high, I had some medical [problems including diabetis the doctor said this is a very good snack so now I am a popcorn junkie happyu easter & happy eating mary dean
We are popcorn nuts as well. It’s a great snack as long as you don’t butter it and load it with salt!
We have it around all the time, and we grab it first.
Thanks so much and Happy Easter to you as well.