Have you every tried to talk yourself out of making something?
I tried . . . I failed!
These tropical carrot cake cupcakes, with whipped cream – cream cheese frosting, are just too hard to resist. Carrots are very abundant in our garden. When I see orange, the first thing my mind dwells upon, is Carrot Cake.
I know that if I cave and make a this cake or cupcakes . . .I’m done for!
This carrot cake is quite perfect. Honestly! I’ve tried many recipes, but this is the winner. The frosting is different from your standard cream cheese frosting. It’s much better. The addition of whipped cream puts it over the top. I promise you, you won’t opt for the standard cream cheese frosting recipe ever again.
It keeps it’s shape beautifully. You can add other flavorings besides vanilla extract. You can even add cocoa powder to make it chocolate frosting and frost white cupcakes or a cake instead.
We currently have several cuter than ever bunnies, feasting on our carrots and the rest of the garden.
Three little bunnies live under our pine trees and have become pretty accustomed to us. They let me sneak up pretty close and snap pictures. I’ll share my carrots with the bunnies and also the deer. Too cute!
You really need to Get off your butt and Bake these soon.
Sometimes . . . the name of this blog even shocks me! After all these years, I’m still getting used to it.
One day, maybe I’ll change it.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Whipped cream – Cream Cheese Frosting
This cake is excellent! The frosting is perfect and keeps its shape!
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese (use original, not low fat)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or other flavorings
- FOR CAKE:
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil and buttermilk.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla, carrots, raisins, pineapple, walnuts and coconut; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13×9 inch baking pan. or will make 16 to 18 cupcakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes for cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until cake tests done.
- FOR FROSTING:
- With risk attachment in stand mixer, beat cold cream cheese straight from the fridge with 1 cup powdered sugar until very smooth.
- Add vanilla or other flavoring.
- Add 1 pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Frost cake or 16 to 18 cupcakes.
by Get Off Your Butt and BAKE
The look delicious! If I wanted to make mini-cupcakes instead of regular size, how long should I bake them? Thanks!
Probably 8 to 10 minutes for mini’s, but watch closely as every oven is different.
They are really delicious!
I have a quilty party coming up where I need to bring a “sweet treat”….this will be perfect! And – don’t EVER change your name!
These will be snatched up in a hurry. So Good!
Thanks for being on the side of “The name is fine!”
How does this hold up after you make the frosting? I want to put it in the bag and take it to work and decorate it there? Will I need to whip it again?
And I love your name of the your blog! Like my much delayed blog….it fits us.
It’s wonderful and holds up very well!
I just made these and they are so good. My kids loved them too.
The cake is good, the frosting is good. Everything came out perfect. I will definitely be making these again.
The recipe made over 24 cupcakes but I used those disposable aluminum muffin pans.
Thank you! I was recently reminded that taking an extra 5 minutes to make homemade Carrot cake is so worth it.
I had picked up a boxed carrot cake that was on sale and made cupcakes with it. Even great frosting didn’t make up the difference in
texture or taste!
Looking for a receipe that you posted in Aujust in 2015 . It has bacon chicken cheese and potatoes cream and parsley
You can find it here:
It’s actually links you back to my old site, thats why you are probably having a tough time
Let me know if it’s another one.