Bananas ripen too quickly.
Therefore . . . I can’t just peel . . . and eat.
I much prefer a slightly green skin.
There’s only one thing left to do.
This . . .
. . . and this
I actually doubled the recipe and made 2 small loaves of Banana Bread & 12 cupcakes!
My sweet half will eat the Banana Bread but not the cupcakes.
He has a slight frosting phobia.
I have NO choice . . .
I will simply have to eat them all!
BANANA NUT BREAD or CUPCAKES
- 1 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. margarine or butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp baking soda dissolved in 1 Tbsp. warm water
- 2 C. flour
- 3/4 C. walnuts, chopped
- Cream margarine or butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in mashed bananas, mixing well
- Add salt, and stir in baking soda and warm water mixture, stirring well.
- Mix in flour and stir in the nuts.
- Put batter into two small well-greased loaf pans or make 12 to 14 cupcakes
- Bake at 325 degrees for (loaf pans – 45-50 min.) (Cupcakes – 12 to 15 min.) or until loaves test done with a toothpick.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Frost cupcakes if desired. (I used Cream Cheese frosting, raspberry filling & Bavarian pastry cream in the center of the frosting.
NOTE: Fillings are from the Prepared Pantry and both are excellent.
- 1 8-ounce package of Cream Cheese
- 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons) at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoons of pure vanilla.
by Get Off Your Butt and BAKE
What a fabulous idea! I need some more bananas!
Wow! These look so much better than the ones I made last weekend and put on my blog. They were my first attempt ever at cupcakes but you are obviously well-seasoned in the cupcake arena. I like the idea of using up aged bananas this way. I also like them semi-green.
Wow! This recipe totally rocks!!! So delicious and yummy to the tummy…making the “BANANA BLING” recipe tomorrow!
Thanks again for the awesome recipe!!!
Smiles to you 🙂
These cupcakes are absolutely amazing! I’m delighted with them! I’ve featured this recipes on my blog! I hope you don’t mind! If you don’t agree with that please contact me and I will remove it. All the best.