Applesauce Raisin Cookies – Most requested cookie!
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature or 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips (opt)
- Beat butter and sugar together until light & fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and beat again until combined. Add the applesauce and beat again.
- Add the flour, salt, soda, baking powder, cinnamon & cloves and beat until just combined.
- Stir in the rolled oats, raisins, nuts & chocolate chips & mix well.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls or use an ice cream scoop on cookie sheets.
- Bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet and let cookies cool on rack or paper towels before placing in container.
- These cookies freeze well.