Bright Colors and sweets are popping up everywhere.
I’ve tried not to buy too many tempting treats.
Candy melts were calling my name though . . . so I made a few Oreo Truffle Pops.
Easy as 1-2-3.
The hard part is staying out of them.
All you need is 3 ingredients and some sprinkles.
You might want a piece of styrofoam for the drying process.
If you have a food processor, making Oreo dirt is very simple!
If not . . . place the bag of Oreos in a good zip-loc bag and mash them with a rolling pin.
You will want them crushed fine . . . no lumps.
Toss in an 8-ounce cube of Cream cheese.
I cut mine up in smaller pieces.
I also used 1/3 less fat variety.
Mix . . . pulse . . . Mix . . . until it all comes together.
Form it into a nice round ball.
My ball felt just right, so I didn’t even refrigerate before forming balls.
Use a small cookie scoop, so that each ball is the same size.
Grab some sticks and melt some of your almond bark or Candy Melts.
You don’t want to melt them all right now.
Put the end of the stick into the melted chocolate, and stick that end into your Oreo ball.
Be careful not to push the stick clear through!
Place the tray of balls into the fridge or the freezer for about 10 minutes, until the chocolate is hard.
You want the balls firm …. but not frozen.
Melt the rest of your chocolate . . . be careful not to get it too warm.
Follow the pkg. directions.
I like to pour the chocolate into a warm mug. It makes dipping easier.
Dip. Double Dip . . . if you like.
Rotate the stick around, tap, tap until the excess has run off.
Place in the styrofoam.
If you are going to use sprinkles . . . wait just a second or two before you shake the sprinkles on.
They will look nicer.
Don’t let the chocolate set hard though before you sprinkle.
If you want to add a different striping color, use colored candy melts,
I simply used candy melt coloring and added it to the left-over chocolate.
Don’t use regular liquid food coloring. It will ruin your chocolate.
Buy the coloring by the candy melts.
Pour the melted chocolate into the corner of a small bag . . . and snip just a teensy, tiny hole into the end.
Decorate any way you want!
Oh . . . See it’s Easter!
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
OREO TRUFFLE POPS
1 – 18oz. pkg Oreo cookies (regular size 3 rows of cookies)
1 – 8oz. pkg cream cheese – cut into small pieces.
Candy melts or Almond Bark
Sprinkles for decorating
1. Add oreos to food processor and blend until very fine.
2. Add cream cheese to Oreo crumbs and blend until dough-like.
3. Chill mixture for 15 minutes or until you can easily roll into bite-size balls. (Use a small cookie scoop for uniform balls)
4. If making pops: Dip one end of stick into melted chocolate & insert into ball. Place on lined cookie sheet.
5. Place tray of pops into the freezer for a few minutes until chocolate has set and the balls are firm. (Firm but not frozen)
6. Melt almond bark or candy melts in the microwave according to pkg. directions. Dip chilled Oreo balls in melted chocolate using fork or stick.
7. Let the excess “drip off.” Set covered balls onto waxed paper, or better yet . . . into a styrofoam plate. Apply sprinkles before chocolate has hardened.
Note: Dip about 6 balls, and then sprinkle.