It’s been quite a while since I’ve been able to give you a new recipe! No excuses, just a lot of busy-ness. I don’t think that’s a real word, but it certainly fits.
We still EAT, and I still BAKE, but somehow it just doesn’t get posted. I’m working on that.
These Coconut Macaroon Shortbread Bars are quite yummy. I grew up eating these magical bar cookies. If you like a tender- melt in your mouth shortbread crust & a chewy, nutty, macaroon top with a few maraschino cherries strewn about . . . then you will adore these!
These bars bring back good, sweet memories of my childhood. It’s funny how certain smells or a taste can trigger the mind.
You could also line your baking dish with foil, and achieve the same thing. It makes for easier cutting.
Make these scrumptious bars soon, and stir up your past!
- 1 cup flour
- ½ c. butter or margarine
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teas vanilla
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- ½ cup flaked or shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 1 cup flour, butter and powdered sugar. Press in greased pan 8x8x2 or 9x9x2.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs, stir in all other ingredients.
- Spread over the baked layer.
- Bake until golden brown about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut in small bars.