Prepared in a snap.
That pretty much describes this Cherry Crunch Dessert.
I thought it might be fun, to highlight some of my very favorite recipes.
Cherry Crunch has to be one of my top 5 desserts!
You could make this with Blueberry, Peach or use any pie filling you choose.
The crumble base and top are made using a white or yellow cake mix.
I telling you . . . it’s scrumptious.
I like chopped walnuts in mine, but you can use any nut you like.
Heck, you can even leave them out!
I rarely make a dessert that I can’t stay out of, but this one tempts me severely!
It’s so darn easy.
- 1 Stick (cube) Butter
- 1 pkg. white or yellow cake mix (dry)
- 2 cans cherry or blueberry pie filling
- *or mix together one can of each
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans or almonds (opt)
- Cut 1 stick of butter (room temperature) into 1 pkg. dry cake mix until crumbly.
- Reserve half of this mixture for the top. Pat the remaining mixture lightly into oblong 13×9 greased glass baking pan.
- Spread 2 cans of pie filling over the crumb mixture.
- Blend ½ cup chopped nuts and the reserved mixture together.
- Squeeze crumb mixture firmly in palm of hand, to form pea sized chunks, & Sprinkle over the top of the pie filling.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees, or until golden brown on the top & the bottom. Make sure that the bottom is also golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped Cream or a scoop of ice cream.
Note: May use a variety of different pie fillings: Blueberry, Apple, Peach, etc.
1 Stick (cube) Butter
1 pkg. white or yellow cake mix (dry)