Fall is here, in all it’s glory . . . although we are in the 80’s today.
That is very unusual for Idaho!
I’m not complaining though – I love fall.
I love the leaves falling from the trees, the smells of harvest and the abundance from our gardens.
I’ve been anxious to try a new Cobbler recipe, even though our regular recipe is a favorite.
I think it’s the addition of Caramel Sauce that puts this over the top.
Caramel . . . and Peaches is the perfect combination!
The cobbler crust is rich and yummy and the Turbinado Sugar over the top glazes it perfectly.
Part of this recipe is from a new cookbook that I picked up at a Sam’s Club, but you can also order it at Amazon.
The picture on the cover pulled me right in!
I used the recipe for the Juicy Cobbler dough, and for the filling I used the Caramel Peach Recipe from Food Network.
It is delicious.
CARAMEL PEACH COBBLER
Juicy Cobbler Dough
This Cobbler dough works great in recipes that call for baking fruit without cooking the fruit first. Use it for any baked fruit pie or cobbler.
1 stick (4 oz) butter, but into cubes and at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon pure Vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole Milk
*I used 2% Milk
1. Using a hand or stand mixer, mix together butter and sugar on a low speed until creamy.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together flour and baking powder.
3. Add the vanilla extract, salt, milk, and half the flour mixture to mixer, continuing to mix on low speed.
4. Add remaining flour mixture and mix until well blended.
5. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes before using.
6. To use juicy cobbler dough in a recipe, scoop out with a large spoon and place circles of dough over fruit filling.
CARAMEL PEACH FILLING: