Tomorrow is Stephanie’s Birthday . . . she is one of my very favorite people on the planet! She is always bringing us goodies and special treats. Stephanie is never without a smile or a warm wish for others. We just LOVE her! I wanted to make a yummy suprise for her birthday.
This is actually a frozen dessert that I usually put in a 9×13 inch pan. I decided to shake things up a bit and used a cupcake pan instead. Oh these are really very good . . . Ice cream – Oreo cookie crust - homemade Hot Fudge and Whipped Cream all in one splendid little frozen confection! It takes a bit longer to make this dessert as cupcakes, but it’s still simple . . . easy . . . and delicious.
take a peek . . .
Let’s get started:
Plop some baking cups in your cupcake pan.
You will need a bag of Oreo Cookies or similar.
Cream and all.
(Sorry you cannot eat the cream!)
My bag was over 1- lb.
You could use slightly smaller bag.
Put those Oreos in a zip loc bag.
Grab a rolling pin.
Smash, roll, thump . . . whatever it takes to . . .
Make Chunky MUD
It’s the best mud you’ll ever eat.
Add that Mud to 1/4 cup of melted butter.
Toss the butter and crumbs together until mixed well.
Remember . . . you can’t eat any!
Press crumbs firmly in bottom of cup.
I used about 2 tablespoons per cup.
Reserve at least 1 cup of the crumbs for later.
Take an ice cream scoop and plop a scoop into each cup.
I used Vanilla, but you can use any flavor Ice Cream you like.
Mint chocolate chip would be tasty.
Take a spoon, and flatten each ball of Ice Cream.
As it softens it gets very easy to do.
Use some of those reserved crumbs now . . .
Now you need a tub of Cool Whip or similar brand.
You can use Real Whipped Cream, but it doesn’t freeze as well.
Place about 2 tablespoons on top of the oreo ice cream mixture.
see . . .
Now place that cupcake pan in your freezer.
Let them sit for awhile and shiver.
You have work to do.
You must make the Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce.
Don’t worry . . .it will be the easiest task you do all day!
Let’s begin . . .
You will need these 4 ingredients.
Mix together over low heat in a saucepan, until melted and combined.
I used Milk Chocolate chips – you could use a darker chip if you like.
*I always use Fat Free Eagle Brand Condensed Milk.
I use the Fat Free in all my Desserts.
It makes me feel better about myself!
Once the Hot Fudge is all creamy and melted together.
Pour about 1/2 cup of it into a little baggie.
Let that bag of Hot Fudge cool for about 10 minutes.
You don’t want it Hot!
*I pour mine right into the baggie, then place it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
Once your Hot Fudge has cooled:
GO GRAB YOUR FROZEN TREATS FROM THE FREEZER.
Grab a little pair of scissors
Snip . . . just a little teeny snip!
Oh baby . . .
Drizzle that yummy Hot Fudge over the top of the Frozen Cream.
Use as much as you like, but don’t spill it over the sides of the paper cups.
They will be messy to remove later if you do.
Put a few more of those Reserved Oreo Crumbs on the top of the Hot Fudge.
see . . .
Place the pan uncovered in the Freezer for several hours.
When you are ready to serve them,
simply . . .
Let soften ever so slighty,
Remove the paper liners and eat!
*If you are not eating them all the same day,
simply . . .
Place another cupcake pan over the top of your frozen treats.
This way they can shiver and still look pretty.
Pour the remaining Hot Fudge Sauce in a little jar with lid
Pour into a tupperware container with lid.
Store in the fridge.
Simply warm it up, when you are ready to use it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPH!
HOT FUDGE OREO CUPCAKES
- 2 large pie plates, 9×13 pan, or make 12 to 16 cupcakes
- 1 (15 oz.) pkg. oreo cookies with the cream attached
- ¼ Cup melted Butter
- ½ gallon Vanilla Ice Cream or any flavor you choose
- 1 medium container Frozen Whipped Topping like cool whip
- Toasted nuts
- Hot Fudge Sauce (Recipe Below)
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE
- 1 can of Condensed Milk (like Eagle Brand) – Do not use evaporated Milk
- 1 stick of Butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 cup of Milk or Semi sweet chocolate Chips.
- Crush Oreos and combine with melted butter. Reserve at least 1 cup of crumbs for later, and press remaining crumbs firmly into a 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Let ice cream become soft enough to spread onto crumbs, or slice ice cream in1 inch layers and place on top of crumbs and press seams together.
- Top ice cream with a few more crumbs.
- Drizzle with Hot fudge Sauce and sprinkle toasted nuts on top if desired.
- Spread Whipped topping over all, and drizzle again with Hot fudge Sauce. Cover and return to freezer.
- *You can also follow above directions to make cupcakes, or make into 2 pie plates.
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- Mix all ingredients together in saucepan over low heat, until melted and well blended. Store remaining Hot Fudge in jar with lid, or well sealed container.
- You can keep this in your fridge for many days. Simply warm when ready to use.