- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Canadian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic chopped finely and added marinade
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (opt)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small can pineapple chunks -(save the juice) (opt)
- 2 small onions, cut into 2 inch pieces (opt)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces (opt)
- small bell mushrooms (opt)
- small cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce + 1 Tablespoon pineapple juice (I like Sweet Baby Rays)
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, lime juice and pepper, brown sugar, Canadian Seasoning, garlic powder or minced garlic & red pepper flakes.
- Place the chicken, onions, peppers and mushrooms in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat the grill for low heat.
- Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers. (If using wooden skewers-soak in water first)
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Note: I mix BBQ sauce and and a couple tablespoons of pineapple juice together.