It’s a rainy Monday at my house.
The kind of rain that just mocks your windows and leaves a mess.
I mocked right back . . . and made Dessert!
Oh well . . . we had one nice day.
If your weather is also crappy, this light fluffy frozen dessert will make you feel much better. I promise. If you have berries lurking in your refrigerator, you should stop what you’re doing and throw this together. I used Strawberries but Raspberries, Blueberries or even Peaches would be scrumptious! The crumble top is delicious. It reminds me of buttery shortbread with toasted almonds mixed in to push it over the top. I do believe that walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts or any nut would be good as well. If your not into nuts, toast some coconut and throw that in.
We also have a BITZ OF GLITZ jewelry winner!
“The Romig Chronicles”
I’m so happy for you! Just use my contact page in the menu bar and send me your Full Name & mailing address. Your bracelet will be on its way very soon!
I used a square baking dish, but a springform pan would also work well.
Frozen Strawberry Crumble
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup slivered & chopped almonds (other chopped nuts may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 10 fluid ounces whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, crushed/smashed
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, almonds and melted butter and spread in 8×8″ pan. Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes. Stir a couple of times. Cool
- Once cooled, evenly press 2/3 of the mixture in the 8×8″ deep dish to create crust.
- Beat egg whites and granulated sugar until stiff.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently combine, beaten egg whites, whipped cream, lemon juice, and crushed strawberries. Spread mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crust/crumb mixture on top.
- Freeze for 3-6 hours.
- Cut in squares to serve. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 9